Got myself a Creality Ender-3 3D printer to play with. A rather nice printer to learn about 3D printing. It comes as an easy to build DIY kit.
The easy step-by-step setup:
- Ordered the printer (easy!)
- Built the printer, tested it (the PSU blew up, so got a replacement). Got the new PSU and tested all components – OK.
- Calibrated the bed, with a sheet of paper.
- Inserted the PLA filament.
- Downloaded a set of free models/designs from the web (STL files)
- Converted the STL files to .gcode by slicing them, based on the configurations recommended for the Ender-3 with the awesome Cura (from Ultimaker)
- Started playing with Autodesk Fusion 360 to make some designs for educational purposes